WHAT IS IT?
Qualcomm is an American company that makes most of its revenue from chip making for smartphones and they do it really well. So this chip of Qualcomm called as the Snapdragon 835 (64-bit architecture) has a 10-nanometer construction and is 35% smaller than its previous designs and it’s made to draw 25% less power than its previous iterations without compromising performance and battery life of the device which is a huge deal for chip making companies like Qualcomm and the phone manufacturers who use these chipsets like Samsung, Sony, etc.
Comparing with the previous iterations of Snapdragon..which was Snapdragon 821
– The download speed is topped up to 1 GB per second which was 600 MB per second on Snapdragon 821. So that’s a great bump.
– The megapixel support is topped up to 32MP for a single camera and 16MP for dual cameras whereas the megapixel support for Snapdragon 821 was just 28MP for a single camera.
– The video playback capability is maxed out to 4K @ 60fps.
– The CPU is clocked at 2.45GHz on Snapdragon 835 compared to 2.4GHz on Snapdragon 821. So faster the clock speed more tasks the CPU can execute in one second.
– Snapdragon 835 has Adreno 540 GPU compared to Adreno 530 GPU on Snapdragon 821 which is 25% faster. It means now it will support full 10-bit colors as well as provide support for latest H.264 and H.265 codecs.
– And the last but not the least is the Qualcomm QuickCharge 4.0 with this the phone charges up to 20% faster, 30% more efficient and charges the device 5° cooler and also
So that’s all about Snapdragon 835. And it currently ships with the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
Hope You Liked It!
Have a Great Day Ahead!
Thanks for reading!